Gear help!

Posted by Member Jhonka on 10/23/12 03:53 PM #1

Hey all,

I'm looking to improve my viability in mp5 and above, and was curious what you all thought I should prioritize getting now. I have about 11m gold to play with currently.

I was aiming to get at least zunimassa's set bonus for 3 items (hat, boots, ring), but now I'm wondering if that's what would be best for me.

So, any suggestions? either short-term or long-term goals are welcomed! Thanks!
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 10/23/12 03:58 PM #2

I think your gloves would be the easiest to upgrade as they are lacking vitality or all resistance. After that the rings are probably the easiest to upgrade for added DPS.

3 set is a good deal. I don't know much about WD's though :)
Posted by Member Khan on 10/23/12 03:59 PM #3

If you go the Zuni way, sine you already have movement speed, go for the zuni chest and ring first.
Posted by Member Jhonka on 10/23/12 08:54 PM #4

Thanks! I was thinking of Tyrael's Might for the chest for the extra movement speed compared to the zuni chest. Though I really don't know how much the extra move speed would be worth it (since I'm also thinking of the Lacuni bracers). Or should I aim more for +crit chance / +crit damage on bracers? I guess movement speed isn't worth much if I kill slow :-P

Any other legendaries you all think I should look out for, or should I just go for powerful rares?
Posted by Member Khan on 10/23/12 09:13 PM #5

Movement speed is secondary for me if I'm tanking. If I do archon farming, then I need it to ensure I get to victims before my archon expires. The reduction of survivability from mid to low priced bracers wasn't enough for me. You can movement speed from Inna pants and zuni boots that present an overall better deal.

Posted by Member Mindlessone on 11/1/12 09:39 AM #6

@Jhonka While I'm not to experienced with the WD class yet, but I would think the Zuni Marrow would be a greater help to get more of the set bonus.

Personally I'm looking for my next WD upgrade to be the Zuni chest piece. Preferably one with a nice +radius for grave injustice (currently i'm at 38 yards) and extra health from globes for gruesome feast.
Posted by Member Buzzell on 11/1/12 10:44 PM #7

I may sound like a dick here, but if you want viability in MP5 don't play a witch doctor.
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 11/1/12 10:53 PM #8

I think that's a bit far to say Buzell, I have a few WD friends who streamroll MP8+

Of course they have insane gear.
Posted by Member Jhonka on 11/2/12 05:37 AM #9

I mean... I am tempted to go back to my monk or barb, but my small amount of money makes gearing them challenging. >_< (And I promised myself I'd only take money OUT of D3, not put it in :-P)